Ledger Nano S Wallet
A quick start guide for moving Factoids (FCT) to the Ledger Nano S Hardware Wallet is shown below.
- 2.Open MyFactomWallet in Chrome and hit "Import addresses from Ledger Nano S".
- 1.You will get 5 addresses generated - these are the same every time as they are deterministically generated from the 24 word seed stored on your ledger device.
- 3.Give one of the addresses a nickname, e.g: "Ledger bank" and add it to MFW by clicking "Add and Continue" and then "Manage Wallet".
- 1.The new address will be available in the sidebar to the left ...)
- 4.Withdraw a small amount of FCT to this address from your current wallet/exchange.
- 5.Verify in MFW that the funds have been received (will take 5-15 minutes before it shows up).
- 6.Verify the transactions by searching for your ledger-address in a blockchain explorer (will take 5-15 minutes before it shows up. Note: You need to reload the page or click on the address to make it refresh the balance).
- 7.Send the rest of your Factoids to your ledger!
In addition to these steps you could also try to import the addresses multiple times from the ledger to independently verify that the same addresses show up again, as well as send some of the test-funds (step 3) from the ledger to another address to get familiarized with how to send funds from the ledger. None of this is required, but it may bring some peace of mind to see that it all works as expected.
Quick troubleshooting tips if the Ledger Nano S is not recognized:
- Are you using Chrome?
- Is the Factom app running on your ledger?
- Is Chrome and your ledger up to date?
- Are you running any adblockers? (Some are known to cause issues).
- Is "Ledger live" trying to connect to your Ledger in the background? (Known to cause issues).
- Still can't figure it out? Try restarting your ledger device (disconnect->reconnect). Still no joy...?